Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Domestic Goddess-ness

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the recent radio silence.  It would seem that having a cold whilst undergoing chemotherapy isn't ideal - and probably not recommended.  It's been a tough week, but here I am on the other side - and ready to shout to the world that I am a Domestic Goddess.  Curious?  I knew you would be.  I hope you're sitting down for this, 'cause it's good.  Today - I hung washing out.  Yes, I hung washing out.  I am a Domestic Goddess.  I can appreciate that the significance of performing this menial task may be lost on you, but given that over the past 7 days I've hardly been able to eat, shower or walk down the stairs without needing to sleep for hours afterwards it was a pretty big deal for me.  And it made me feel like a Domestic Goddess.  Having not only the desire to do it (lethargy is a bummer!) but also the energy to do something as mundane as hang washing out was a pretty big deal for me.  So I did it.  And for approximately 11 minutes on this fine Wednesday morning, I was a Domestic Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment