Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sporting Achievements......

Whilst suffering from insomnia following my first round of chemo, a very dear colleague of mine who from here on in shall be referred to as 'TW' gave me some excellent advice. His trick to cure insomnia is to lie in bed and think of his sporting achievements, and he suggested that I should try the same technique as apparently this works every time.  Thankfully I never had to, as the next night my insomnia checked itself out of 'Hotel Henderson' and found new lodgings.  That was until last Thursday.  It would seem that receiving news of a confirmed surgery date was like having a neon flashing 'VACANCY' sign out for any insomnia either in the neighbourhood or simply passing through. Yes, my insomnia checked in to 'Hotel Henderson' again, but thankfully the room rate was too high for it to consider staying any longer than one night.  


So my first round of cosmetic surgery (thymus removal - remember, less is more) is scheduled for either next Thursday or Friday.  This will be confirmed on Tuesday, and I'll have a brief pre-surgical assessment the day prior to surgery but will be allowed to spend the evening at home before returning to hospital the next morning to under go the beautification process.  This will be followed by a brief stay of 3-5 days in hospital - then I'll be allowed to return home to recover in the comfort of my own bed.  At this point I must give some credit to my colleague 'TW' and his awesome advice.  Because last Thursday whilst lying in bed at 1.09am contemplating the silent evils of insomnia, I recalled his previous advice on how to cure it.  So I lay there and thought of his sporting achievements.....and was asleep within moments.     

No comments:

Post a Comment