Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hair Today........Gone Tomorrow

A witty post about my new bald head is lurking somewhere in my mind - but as I sit here nibbling on my cupcake I'm struggling to find it in the dark recesses of my intellect.  Wit is the enemy of those who have none - and wit has always been a close friend of mine.  I would rather take insomnia than the loss of wit.  I will even take the loss of my hair, which I have to admit I'm coping fairly well with.  Wit is one of my coping mechanisms - so it's been called on a fair bit lately.  Maybe it's taking a holiday - with my hair, as they've both abandoned me on this quiet Thursday evening.  The hair loss was expected - and has been dealt with accordingly thanks to my new wig.  Today was the unveiling of said wig, and I have to confess it was easier than expected.  The temporary absence of my wit, however, was not.  Writers block?  Maybe.  What if I accidentally sucked my wit out of my brain when I shaved my hair off?  Yes - you read correctly.  I shaved my hair off.  Last night actually.  I was sick of it coming out in fist fulls, so I took control and shaved it off.  No-one told me that your wit was attached to your hair follicles.  I know lots of bald people who are witty, and an equal amount of people with enormous amounts of hair and zilch wit.  Right then, maybe wit didn't disappear with my hair.  Maybe it's the cupcake I'm eating.  Too much sugar = no wit.  Hardly likely.  It's a good cupcake though.  I'd sacrifice it for my wit though.  Maybe it's simply a case of gone today, here tomorrow.........

Lee x

No comments:

Post a Comment